Guess who’s celebrating her Golden Birthday today? That’s right—the new X-Factor judge turns 20 years old today! We love Demi’s mile-long locks, especially when she wears them in lush, easy-breezy curls—it’s a fun but feminine look that is super easy to recreate! (Even if you don’t have hair down to there like the songstress, there’s always extensions!) Celebrity hairstylist Angelo David of Angelo David Salon in NYC gave us the scoop on how to recreate her gorgeous look in 6 easy steps.
1) Prepare washed hair for styling with a cocktail of Angelo David Sea Foam Silk Styling Mousse ($21.50, angelodavid.com) and Angelo David Premier Volume Spray ($18.50, angelodavid.com).
2) Blow-dry sections of hair using a round brush like the Angelo David Large Round Brush ($55, angelodavid.com).
3) Take a huge section of hair in the front and create a side sweep. Tease the back section of the head to create lift and volume.
4) Create loose curls by wrapping sections of hair around a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron, starting at temple level and going all the way down to the ends.
5) The key to getting those big loose curls? Run your fingers through your hair, separating them to create a very tousled, piece-y, beachy look.
6) Finish off with L’oreal Tex Infinium Professional hairspray for a strong hold without the stiffness.
FOX via Getty Images.