For the US premiere of the acclaimed film, Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin created a polished yet youthful look for Andrea that embraced soft, natural-looking texture. Here’s how to recreate her leading lady style:
1. Start by spraying a light amount of Sebastian Professional Potion 9 Lite throughout the hair.
2. Blow-dry while tousling with hands, lifting big random sections up vertically as you go to achieve added volume.
3. Once dry, use a large curling iron to create soft waves. (Tip: Run the curling iron through the hair taking care not to hold the iron in place too long for softer waves that don’t look like they came from a curling iron.)
4. After curling the whole head, create a diagonal side part and pin the back over to one side.
5. Emulsify a bit of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty in palms and use to separate the curls a bit. Finish the look with a gentle spray of Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray for light, controlled hold.
Credit: Jim Spellman/WireImage.