Nicole Richie hit the launch of Charlotte Ronson Beauty rocking a uber-hip 60s-esque mega bang with a playful pony. Her stylist, Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy Lecompte, gives us the deets on the ‘super-cute, fast updo that anyone can re-create’.
1. To start, Andy applied Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to each section of Nicole’s already dry hair to leave hair soft, shiny and manageable before smoothing out locks with a flat iron.
2. Next, Andy pulled a mo-hawk section of the hair up and away while he pulled the rest of the hair into a super high pony with two elastics at the crown of the head for extra volume.
3. Release the mo-hawk section of the hair and lightly blast with a blow dryer to find a part and smooth out any kinks.
4. Lightly shake out the top section of the hair to let face-framing fringe fall, then separate the remaining hair into two sections on both sides of the head.
5. One at a time, wrap the sections around the pony pin one at a time and secure with hair pins to hide the elastic and give shape to the head.
6. Smooth fly-aways and set the look with a light mist of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
7. Add red-carpet worthy shine with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.