Happy Monday lovelies! What was your favorite look at last night’s Emmy Awards? One easy-chic style we’re into: a ponytail made fresh for the red carpet. Here’s how to rock Emilia’s version, straight from her stylist for the event, Jenny Cho, Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist.
“When I saw the dress, my first thought was a beautiful thick pony with a messy center part and a hint of a bump in the crown to keep her looking age appropriate but red carpet worthy. Fresh, modern and chic,” says Cho.
1. Prep damp hair with Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Leave-In Conditioner to add smoothness and to protect hair from heat. Layer Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray for body and volume.
2. Rough dry hair and part hair directly in the center. Blow dry hair with a round brush for a smooth finish.
3. Next, section off the front section, from behind the ears and below the crown and with a paddle brush, make a high pony right below the crown. Secure with an elastic. Apply a dollop of Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream on the ponytail and brush through. For an added touch of elegance, mist Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray as you brush through to ensure a super smooth ponytail.
4. Gather the remaining hair and secure into the ponytail. This is the key part of the hair style. Be really careful not to make this part too clean. Make another ponytail and pull hair with your fingers around the crown for that little extra bump and height. Do the same along the center part to create a dishevel part. This keeps the look undone and not too perfect.
5. Pull a few strands over the ears so it ties in together with the undone top.
6. Tease the pony with a wide tooth comb for volume. Pinch the ends of the pony, mist hairspray and curl just the ends with a large curling iron for a little sweetness.