Who sported your favorite look at last night’s People’s Choice Awards? There were many to be admired, from Taylor Swift’s knockout gown to Emma Watson’s high-fashion mini. We were particularly fond of Julianne Hough’s rocker-meets-princess make-up and Favorite Dramatic TV Actress winner Ellen Pompeo’s understated yet sophisticated ‘do. Luckily, their stylists, Lancôme make up artist Molly Stern and Wella Professionals celebrity hairstylist Andy Lecompte, let us in on their secrets. Here are some tips and tricks for re-creating these gorgeous looks!
To re-create Hough’s edgy-girly look, Stern suggests following these easy steps.
- Create a fresh, flawless base with these three products: Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation, Lancôme Star Bronzer, and Lancôme’s new Blush in Love in Pêche Joue-Joue.
- Pair your pink cheeks with a pink pout. Try Lancôme Le Lipstique in Sheer Natural and Lancôme Rouge in Love in Roses in Love.
- Contrast your pretty, pink lips with bold, rocker eyes. Apply Lancôme Color Design Infinité 24H EyeShadow in Forever Noir, Lancôme Liner Design Gel EyeLiner in Black Fishnets, Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara, and Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil.
Lecompte gives us all the dirty details, so you can snag the Grey’s Anatomy star’s effortless look!
- Prep your hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner then rough-dry your tresses.
- Part your hair to the side and apply Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm.
- Blow out your locks with a large round brush. Apply tension at your roots and loosen up your grip at your ends.
- Once dry, sweep your strands across your forehead and pin them behind your ear. Pull some hair forward for a more natural, messy look.
- For some texture and protection, pull hair into a twist and then spray it with Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray. Apply heat diffuser until hair is fully dry.
- Release the twist, and your hair will be magically and perfectly tousled. Smooth hair with flat iron as needed.
- Spritz one or two sprays of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Spray for a glossy finish.
Ellen Pompeo: Patrick Rideaux/startraksphoto.