Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Celebrity Stylist Ben Skervin created the soft, romantic roll updo. Think: a 50s look with a modern twist. The vintage updo complements Keira’s character in her upcoming film. Here’s how to get it:
1. First start out by prepping wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse for lightweight volume.
2. Rough dry hair, using fingers to give texture and make hair appear less finished.
3. Part hair on the side. Starting on one side, twist the hair at the front into a loose roll and work your way to the back, adding hair to the roll.
4. Keeping the roll low and close to the hair line, secure the roll in place with bobby pins and U shaped pin as you slowly twist it inward. Loosely pin hair, so the end look is slightly unkempt.
5. Repeat rolling and pinning on opposite side of hair until the two rolls meet in the back. Connect the two rolls at the lower neck and once secured, pull out loose hair strands to create a messy, unfinished look.
6. Finish the look with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to hold the style in place.