As much as I adore summertime and everything that comes along with it (what’s not to love about sunshine, bright colors and flip-flops?), today is undoubtedly a brisk, 52-degree Fall day in NYC…and I don’t hate it! There are just as many wonderful things that come hand-in-hand with autumn—boots, deeper jewel-tone hues and of course, my favorite perk: pumpkin-scented anything.
As the chillier weather and dryer air set in, it’s also important to switch up your hair & beauty routine in order to look and feel your best for the season ahead. Now that I’ve put my neon purple polishes and beach wave sprays away until next year, these 5 products are the ones that have since taken over my bathroom:
1. Wella Professionals Brilliance Treatment Mask. This amazing hair mask is actually made to help restore vibrance in color-treated hair (which I don’t have), but my long, fine and dry strands soak it up and love it. Once a week, I apply it after shampooing and let is sit in my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing. The result is uber-smooth, silky and manageable locks. Plus, the fresh scent is like heaven in a container!; $12, wella.com for salon locator.
2. Essie Recessionista. I got a manicure a few weeks ago using this gorgeous hue from their Fall 2012 collection, and my inner nail polish junkie was immediately hooked. The wine-colored, red-purple hue is perfect for the autumn months. In my opinion, it’s still too early for the uber-dark reds and browns—you don’t want to start using those in October and then be sick of them by January! Have fun with it and try wearing it with a gold glitter accent nail; SRP $8, essie.com for store locator.
3. Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Day SPF 30. This quick-absorbing moisturizer not only soothes my skin that gets dryer in colder temps, but also works to even out dark spots and discoloration for a more radiant complexion. And remember: Just because you’re not hanging by the pool soaking up rays (le sigh), doesn’t mean you should be skimping on sunscreen—this cream has SPF 30 to protect skin from those damaging UVA and UVB rays. Another plus: the 1oz bottle is a TSA-approved size, so it was perfect to take in my carry-on bag on my trip to Nashville last month; $19.99, mass market retailers.
4. Mane ‘n Tail Shampoo & Conditioner. I’ve been in the process of growing out my hair, which is tough when your locks are dry and split-end prone like mine. This S & C duo, which was originally created for horses and their thick lustrous manes, is uber-moisterizing and helps to both promote hair growth and prevent breakage. Plus, I also happen to be an equestrian, so when I finally own my own horse one day (hey, a girl can dream), we can share hair products!; SRP $7.79 each, CVS and manentail.com for store locator.
5. glo•minerals Majestic Jungle Collection. I love experimenting with makeup products and trends, especially before I am going out at night. Encased in an adorable cosmetic clutch, this haute snake-skin makeup compact has it all: 8 deep mineral-based hues for playing up your peepers (4 matte and 4 metallic), 2 Precise Micro Eyeliners (in black and charcoal) and a Cream Colour for Cheeks & Lips that flatters all complexions. It’s a perfect way to get noticed and pump up the drama for Fall!; $80, salons and spas nation wide and gloprofessional.com.
Tell Us: What are your must have products for the season?