Star stylist Tommy Buckett of Marie Robinson Salon has a busy schedule: his clients include Emma Stone & Sienna Miller AND he’s Sedu’s Elite Styling Consultant. Lucky for us (and you!) he found a few minutes to spill his top 5 tricks for rocking your next event…even if it’s not a red carpet!
1. Before you blow dry, apply a heat protectant from mid-shaft to end to protect hair from damage. One of my faves is Sedu’s Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment with pure argan oil. It’s the perfect solution to eliminate frizz and to keep flyaways at bay.
2. Check out which dryer your stylist is using, then buy it! My top 3 must-haves in a dryer are speed, heat and longevity. You must make sure it can run for at least 20 min without it getting too hot or blowing a fuse. Also look for a dryer that is ionic. My go-to dryer is Sedu’s new Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 6000i Dryer. It has an ionic generator vs. ionic plates. This means that the hair dries faster and uses less heat, so the hair becomes less damaged. Ions also seal the hair cuticle leaving it smoother and shinier. I always give my clients tips at the salon but if they’re using the same dryer, they can recreate the same look at-home.
3. Another cool tip is to use a dryer with an ionic switch. With the ionic switch turned on, hair becomes sleek and less frizzy because moisture is whipped out of the hair quicker. Whereas if you leave the ionic switch off, you can create more textured, voluminous looks. This gives you the most from your dryer for versatility of looks. Sleek and smooth one day. Big and textured the other.
4. If you’re creating an edgy, sleek style, use a flat iron with ceramic plates. Divide hair into ½” to 1” sections using a comb. Then pass an iron such as the new Sedu Revolution 1.5” Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron through the hair from root to end. It polishes the hair as it seals the follicle, reducing static and frizz.
5. On the other hand, if you’re craving beachy waves, use a clipless curling iron for more control. The Sedu Revolution Clipless Curling Iron is now available in a new size 38MM (1 ½”) and has an adjustable temperature control. If you’re new to using a clipless, this one comes with a glove to protect your hand while styling.
Bonus: Sedu makes a sea salt spray made with jojoba oil that doesn’t dry hair out and is perfect for sexy….and it smells like the beach!