Want to tress younger? Just follow these simple hints:
* Do wear bangs. Long, full bangs will conceal forehead lines. Shorter bangs don’t work as well and can even spotlight dark, under-eye puffiness.
* Don’t cling to long locks. Cuts that fall between the chin and shoulders are the most flattering. Hair falling past shoulder-level will drag your face down and make you look more tired.
* Do try layers. When cut into the crown, they’ll let you take hair up and off the face to spotlight cheekbones and eyes, while side layers can actually give you an instant facelift.
* Don’t be a tease. Sprayed, flipped and untouchable “helmet hair” met its demise decades ago and makes you look dated.
* Do keep up with trends. Hair magazines rarely feature over-30 models simply because few salons use them in their photo shoots. But just because the hairstyles you see in Celebrity Hairstyles are on younger faces, doesn’t mean you can’t rock them too, perhaps with a fewtweaks to make them more age-appropriate.
Hair by Coiff & Co. from Winter 2010-2011 Collection, © CoiffandCo – SAF 2011.