1. Essie – Leading Lady. This deep, sassy red with red glitter was absolutely made for the holiday season; I have already decided it’s my swatch of choice for Christmas Eve. This is a great hue for the ladies who want to have fun with some festive shimmer, but don’t want to get too whacky; SRP $8, mass market retailers, beauty suppliers & essie.com.
2. China Glaze – Glitter All The Way. …But on the other hand, if you’re a glitter guru, this multi-colored glitzy lacquer is a must-add to your polish collection. I’ve been having a lot of fun with accent nails lately, so my favorite thing to do with this hue is to start at the cuticle of my ring fingers and layer it over my dry base color for an ombré effect. Because the glitter is so colorful, it matches with anything!; $7, fine salons & beauty suppliers.
3. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro – Black Satin. Who says black nails are only for Halloween? Black polish looks sleek, sexy and totally perfect for wintertime (as long as it’s not chipped, of course.) Another plus—it’s perfect for layering with glitter, or even accenting with a completely different color on one nail. This one will stay super-glossy and glam for up to 10 days; $3.99, mass market retailers.
4. Duri – Behind The Closed Doors. My search for the perfect wintery purple finally came to an end once I got my hands on this gorgeous deep violet hue. I love that it not too vibrant so that it can still be work appropriate, but it’s still trendy enough for all you polish pursuers like myself. Plus, Duri polish in general is just fantastic—it never chips!; $6, duri.com.
5. OPI – Designer…De Better! This shimmery copper has itty-pitty specs of gold, orange and pink, creating a pretty metallic finish. New Years Eve manicure? Yes, I think so!; SRP $8, salon locator at opi.com.