It may be snowing like crazy out today, but it’s never too early to start prepping your skin for the warmer months to come! Think about it—we swap our wardrobes as we transition through seasons, but it’s just as important to change your skincare regimen, too. Since dryness from cold winter weather can wreak havoc on your skin, New York-based aesthetic expert, Sarah Swanson (sarahswanson.com) offers 5 pro tips to get your skin in tip-top shape just in time for spring.
1. Drink up! Having at least 10 glasses for water a day will help your skin retain its natural glow.
2. Use a mild cleanser that is Sodium Laurel Sulphate-free and a hydrating moisturizer with a green tint to tone down redness. (Tip: Keep your moisturizer in the fridge; the cool cream will instantly remove redness and puffiness.)
3. Use a vitamin C serum—it naturally combats free radicals to reveal radiant skin, while also preparing it for increased sun exposure as seasons shift.
4. Before you put on your makeup, apply a moisturizer that has at least SPF 30 on a daily basis (Try: Sarah Swanson Sugar Face Protect Me).
5. ’Tis the season for shaving, waxing and self-tanner, so hydrating your body is more important than ever. Use a body lotion containing vitamins A, C and E daily; twice a week, use a body scrub in the shower and apply body oil while skin is still damp.